ChildLine is a free national helpline for children and young people in trouble or danger across the UK. They can call, email or 1:1 chat with a counsellor about topics related to exam stress and bullying to alcohol and sex to gangs to puberty.
I held a 2 month contract position with ChildLine, which is a part of the NSPCC. My role within the company was to manage the strategy for our paid search, liaison with Razorfish and help grow & restructure our paid search campaigns, which was managed under a Google grant account. The role involved:
• Set the strategic direction of paid search campaigns. Budget $15,000+/month
• Created a GAP analysis report between campaigns & website content
• Liaised with Razorfish to execute on our strategy and long-term roadmap. Implemented processes between Razorfish & ChildLine to create less friction around execution
• Built monthly & yearly reports to show campaigns growth under my tenure
• Used Marin to run reports and review account with Razorfish
• Wrote campaign brief for Razorfish to use to build themed campaigns
• Self-harm week campaign: Additional $4,500 was spent over two weeks
• Created survey to conduct first person research on trends from ChildLine counsellors
• Built mobile campaigns based around 22% of website traffic is mobile
• Created more keywords around expat terms: e.g. behaviour vs behavior
I also held a monthly workshop on paid search initiatives with the ChildLine team. This allow me to raise the teams knowledge and understanding of paid search. While also
Success was measured by meeting our KPIs, which I started to hit. We also have a stead growth, month over month, in our business during my tenure as we created efficiencies within our department to allow us to handle more campaigns and increased budgets.